Everything was conspiring against me enjoying Radiohead last night.
1. We arrived too late to see support act Bat For Lashes.
2. Touts (evil scum that they are) were selling tickets outside for a tenner, tickets we’d paid £40 for.
3. The bar queue was ridiculous: no beer.
4. It rained almost continually – that especially wet, West Coast, pishy rain.
5. There was a high percentage of fucking idiots amongst the fans. The type of fuckers who barge past you to the front and then again when they want to take a piss during a song they don’t know.
6. The mood was hardly one of festival camaraderie: we saw three ‘square-gos’ come to nothing within a few feet of where we were standing.
Radiohead were predictably awesome; awesome enough to render all of the above irrelevant. I was standing too far back to be able to block out all the elbowing numpties completely, but songs like Nude, Reckoner, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Just, Bodysnatchers (etc, etc) added weight to the argument that Radiohead may just be the best live band in the world.
7. The train back to Edinburgh was overcrowded and half an hour late.
Here are a couple more really bad photos…